Western Health provides a comprehensive, integrated range of services from its various sites; ranging from acute tertiary services in areas of emergency medicine, intensive care, medical and surgical services, through to subacute care and specialist ambulatory clinics. Western Health provides a combination of hospital and community-based services to aged, adult and paediatric patients and newborn babies.
Employing nearly 6500 staff Western Health has a strong philosophy of working with its local community to deliver excellence in patient care.
- Has now reached approximately 800,000 (3% higher than previous population projections) within our primary and secondary catchments
- Is among the fastest growth corridors in Australia
- Covers a total catchment area of 1,569 square kilometre
- Has a diverse social economic status· Is one of the most culturally diverse communities in Victoria with 38% speaking a language other than English at home
- Speaks more than 100 different languages/dialects.
Compassion – consistently acting with empathy and integrity.
Accountability – taking responsibility for our decisions and actions.
Respect – for the rights, beliefs and choice of every individual.
Excellence – inspiring and motivating innovation and achievement.
Safety – prioritising safety as an essential part of everyday practice.